Gets up to play at a cutting session, and he fucks it up. I just thought you should know. Terence Fletcher: For the record, Metz wasn't out of tune. : Nicole: Terence Fletcher: Fletcher: The folder is your f***ing responsibility, Tanner. : Isn't he cute? And I put him in Studio Band. And I'm gonna be thinking about jazz music, my charts, all that. Don't worry about what the other guys are thinking. Andrew Terence Fletcher: Try me you f***ing weasel! Andrew Terence Fletcher You're right, we should not be dating. Other mistake: In the final scene both at the start . It's gonna be ugly. Subscribe A promising young drummer enrolls at a cut-throat music conservatory where his dreams of greatness are mentored by an instructor who will stop at nothing to realize a student's potential. The faculty were all telling him, "Maybe this isn't for you." Terence Fletcher Now get your sticks and get your ass on stage. Motherfucker! Maybe now's the time for Neiman to earn the part. Unfortunately, this is not a Bette Midler concert, we will not be serving Cosmopolitans and Baked Alaska, so just play faster than you give fucking hand jobs, will you please? : Terence Fletcher Terence Fletcher: Terence Fletcher: Exactly. : I believe that's an absolute necessity." Terence Fletcher , Whiplash Tagged: motivation "People change and things work out." Andrew Neimann , Whiplash Tagged: Optimism, Change : Six years ago, I came across a kid in a practice room, working on his scales. No, man, no. Awesome Whiplash Quotes Fletcher Ideas. Terence Fletcher: One, two, three Terence Fletcher Terence Fletcher: Oh, my dear God. Andrew: Nieman, you lost the fucking part. Terence Fletcher: Company Credits : Do I look like a double fucking rainbow to you? Rate this quote: (5.00 / 1 vote) 1,523 Views So that's your idea of success, huh? : Oh my dear God - are you one of those single tear people? Terence Fletcher: The folder is your f***ing responsibility, Tanner. Neiman? Terence Fletcher : In four, dammit! Andrew Terence Fletcher: And I'm not gonna be able to spend as much time with you. Andrew [Andrew resumes playing] And I'm not gonna be able to do that. Am I wrong? Now this one really upsets me. Fletcher: When did you become a f***ing expert on what I can or cannot do, you f***ing weepy willow shitsack? I'M UPSET! But I tried. Andrew Terence Fletcher You know, maybe you go too far, and you discourage the next Charlie Parker from ever becoming Charlie Parker? As you pointed out, Fletcher was strangely not angry at Andrew in the slightest. Terence Fletcher: Terence Fletcher FASTER! Andrew: I think I'm gonna start calling you Flannery. What the hell are you doing, man? Two bars for free. : And that's more than most people ever do. Terence Fletcher Terence Fletcher: Terence Fletcher: Parker's a young kid, pretty good on the sax. Ok, maybe a bug flew in my ear. But the next morning, what does he do? : We have an out-of-tone player here. Or don't. : We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. [kicks drumset out of the way and tackles Fletcher] : What are you, f***ing Sanjay Gupta? Hey, i can cut you any fucking time i want. [in calm,soothing manner to Andrew] One, and two, and-, [Band begins to play for a moment only to be immediately cut by Fletcher]. Goofs That's actually pretty mean. an absolute necessity. I can still fucking see you, Mini Me! I apologize to the musicians. Terence Fletcher And you're gonna tell me to ease up on the drumming, spend more time with you because you're not feeling important. I can still fucking see you, Mini Me! Like all you guys. Try me, you fucking weasel! Andrew: Neiman? : Terence Fletcher: If you deliberately sabotage my band, I will f*** you like a pig. If you deliberately sabotage my band, I will fuck you like a pig. I wanted you guys to know he was a beautiful player. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Cries himself to sleep that night, but the next morning, what does he do? Now get your sticks and get your ass on stage. Andrew Neyman is an ambitious young jazz drummer, single-minded in his pursuit to rise to the top of his elite east coast music conservatory. Don't worry about Fletcher. Lawyer: Would you characterize his conduct as extreme, Andrew? Either you're deliberately out of tune and sabotaging my band, or you don't know you're out of tune, and that's even worse. Nice to meet you too. Have fun. But that's just what the world wants now. Andrew: What the fuck are you looking for? IF YOU DON'T HAVE ABILITY, YOU WIND UP PLAYING IN A ROCK BAND. I will drum your ass back to Nassau where you can turn pages until you graduate or f***ing dropout! [entering the room] Terence Fletcher: Terence Fletcher Terence Fletcher: [melancholic] I'm upset! You were, Erickson, but he didn't know and that's bad enough. Terence Fletcher : Start counting! I was there to push people beyond what's expected of them. Andrew: More Whiplash quotes Collection Edit Buy Terence Fletcher: I don't think people understood what it was I was doing at Shaffer. : But that's just what the world wants now. I believe that is an absolute necessity. But the truth was that he barely squeaked in to begin with and, uh he was really struggling. : Fletcher will always think he won and Andrew will be a sad, empty shell of a. So now you have it, right? If you deliberately sabotage my band, I will f*** you like a pig. People wonder why jazz is dying. You know, maybe, you go too far and you discourage the next Charlie Parker from ever becoming Charlie Parker? Hey, I can cut you any fucking time I want. Terence Fletcher Andrew No Bird. Crazy Credits Jim: Dying broke and drunk and full of heroin at the age of 34 is not exactly my idea of success. FASTER! Terence Fletcher , Whiplash Tagged: Dismissive, tempo "I was there to push people beyond what's expected of them. F*** [Rushes to pick up his rudiments]. Did you see-. Look at me! : Terence Fletcher: Terence Fletcher Let's go! : You give a calculator to a f***ing retard he's gonna try to turn on a TV with it. Terence Fletcher : That to me is an absolute tragedy. : Terence Fletcher To be touched with love was a kind of miracle. Terence Fletcher You're here for a reason. Why do you suppose I just hurled a chair at your head, Nieman? Here are twelve of the best quotes from Whiplash. Got it? Terence Fletcher: Listen, the key is to just relax. Terence Fletcher: : I'M UPSET! : Are you in Model UN? Nicole: What the f*** is wrong with you? But the truth was, he barely squeaked in to begin with, and, uh he was really struggling. How 'bout, uh, Caravan? Terence Fletcher Otherwise, we're depriving the world of the next Louis Armstrong. For the record, Metz wasn't out of tune. : | Save your travel receipts. You know, maybe, you go too far and you discourage the next Charlie Parker from ever becoming Charlie Parker? But they didn't see what I saw. If you deliberately sabotage my band, I will fuck you like a pig. Terence Fletcher: Five-P.M. call tomorrow in Dunellen. I don't know, I just never really saw the use. And I'm not gonna be able to do that. Cool. Are you in Model UN? He was early second year and he'd started at Shaffer with a lot of hope. Are you one of those single tear people? You think you're better than us? Terence Fletcher: "You're here for a reason. You believe that, right? Terence Fletcher: Get your sticks and get your sticks and get your f***ing ass onstage. Alternates, will you clean the blood off my drum set? 1 Mar. Do not come early. No Bird. I ask why you stop playing and your version of an answer was to turn into a wind-up monkey. Andrew: It's my part, I'll be on your stage. No Bird. : "This is not Saint f***in' Patricks Day, Flannery. So, you do know the difference! The truth is, Andrew, I never really had a Charlie Parker. The truth is, Andrew, I never really had a Charlie Parker. Nicole: Terence Fletcher Not quite my tempo. Uncle Frank: Oh, why's that? [entering the room] Terence Fletcher: [Andrew keeps playing after the music ends] Andrew, what are you doing? Ah, but your friends will remember you, that's the point. His name is Andrew Nieman, he's 19 years old. Nieman, you earned the part. Metz: [after a long, hesitant pause] Yes. Terence Fletcher If you want the fucking part, earn it! Poster of Buddy Rich on Andrew's wall: IF YOU DON'T HAVE ABILITY, YOU WIND UP PLAYING IN A ROCK BAND. : Nicole: Fuck off! I don't give a shit. No wonder mommy ran out on you. Fletcher: Carl. Andrew Quotes.net. That, to me, is an absolute tragedy. The only reason you are a core is because you misplaced a folder. That shit? Five-P.M. call tomorrow in Dunellen. Travis and Dustin? Fuck you! Terence Fletcher: It's my part, I'll be on your stage. Terence Fletcher: This is not Saint f***in' Patricks Day, Flannery. Now, was I rushing or I was dragging? Alternates, will you clean the blood off my drum set? Terence Fletcher I'd like to try Neiman on this. Upsy-daisy. Andrew I told you that story about how Charlie Parker became Charlie Parker, right? : https://www.quotes.net/movies/whiplash_153661, https://www.quotes.net/movies/whiplash_quotes_153661. I SAID NOT NOW! And he practices and he practices with one goal in mind, never to be laughed at again. I'm sorry. So imagine if Jones just said "Well, that's okay Charlie. And he practices and he practices with one goal in mind, never to be laughed at again. "And then Charlie thinks to himself, "Well, sh*t, I did do a pretty good job." : : Whiplash is a 2014 film about an occupied drum student and an abusive teaching conductor at a cutthroat music conservatory. I was there to push people beyond what's expected of them. I was there to push people beyond what's expected of them. You know, Charlie Parker became Bird because Jones threw a cymbal at his head. Whiplash raises the age-old question of depiction equaling endorsement. [Andrew keeps playing after the music ends] [yelling] Got it? And when I do spend time with you, I'm gonna be thinking about drumming. And Jones nearly decapitates him for it. What are you there's no f***ing Mars Bar down there, what are you looking at? Good job." Now are you a rusher, or are you a dragger or are you gonna be ON MY FUCKING TIME? I'm gonna keep pursuing what I'm pursuing. THEN WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU SAY SO? I think I'm gonna start calling you Flannery. I-I don't know. Terence Fletcher: Fletcher: So, are you upset? But I tried. Listen up, cocksuckers! Uncle Frank: Terence Fletcher Seth Godin. TURN MY PAGES, BITCH! Like all you guys. No Bird. A year later, he was first. No? Start practicing harder, Nieman. Andrew: One, two, three, four. I believe that is. That, to me, is an absolute tragedy. Terence Fletcher I saw a drive in him. The only reason you are a core is because you misplaced a folder. Terence Fletcher: Get off the stool. If your ass is not on that stool with your own f***ing sticks in hand or you make ONE F***ING MISTAKE, ONE! Usually it's someone who has fucking sticks. : I'll be on your time. But is there a line? [visibly distraught after phone call] We have a squeaker today, class. You were, Erickson, but he didn't know and that's bad enough. Terence Fletcher: Were you rushing or were you dragging? That's who you're listening to now. : There's no pot of gold down there. : I'm here, I'm ready to go. [turning away] Go! No? And you have a path, and you're gonna be great, and I'm going to be forgotten, and therefore you won't be able to give me the time of day because you have bigger things to pursue? Start counting! Terence Fletcher : [Repeated line] Not quite my tempo. You hear me, cocksuckers? I-I-I swear, I just had it here two seconds ago. : I'm in studio band because I'm the best player Ryan: [interrupts] Hey, why don't you just back off, bro? Terence Fletcher Sorry, I Terence Fletcher Cries himself to sleep that night, but the next morning, what does he do? He reveals to him before the performance that he is aware Neiman testified against him. The next Charlie Parker. Did I ask you to star playing again? Fletcher: So no musicians in the family. You give a calculator to a fucking retard he's gonna try to turn on a TV with it. I'm just gonna lay it out there. "Whiplash Quotes." Exactly. Terence Fletcher: Terence Fletcher: You were, Erickson, but he didn't know and that's bad enough. Parker's a young kid, pretty good on the sax. : Four words you will never hear from the NFL. [Fletcher slaps him the face] One, two, three, four. Terence Fletcher: Andrew I'm in studio band because I'm the best player Ryan We will stay here for as long as it takes until one of you faggots can play in time. Terence Fletcher: I need the music. Subscribe A promising young drummer enrolls at a cut-throat music conservatory where his dreams of greatness are mentored by an instructor who will stop at nothing to realize a st You're here for a reason. TURN MY PAGES, B*TCH! I believe that's an absolute necessity. Andrew: Do you think you're out of tune? Do you think you were out of tune? | By the time you're done at Shaffer, you're gonna make Daddy look like a f***ing success story. Andrew: Discover and share Whiplash Fletcher Quotes. [being restrained by band members] You catch on quick. Go! Terence Fletcher: If you want the f***ing part, earn it! Nicole: And I would stop you from doing that? But the next morning, what does he do? Terence Fletcher You believe that, right?" Andrew Neiman: "Yes." Terence Fletcher: "Say it." Andrew Neiman: "I'm here for a reason." Terence Fletcher: "Cool." 3. Oh my dear God. : So that is going to cause you to suddenly play right? Terence Fletcher The only reason you're in studio band to begin with is because I told you EXACTLY what I'd be asking for in Nassau! Terence Fletcher Terence Fletcher Now get your sticks and get your ass on stage. Isn't he cute? You choose. Now is not the time, I swear to God. : : Terence Fletcher I just thought you should know. Terence Fletcher: And here comes mister gay pride of the Upper West Side himself. Oh my dear God. That, to me, is an absolute tragedy. Terence Fletcher: For the record, Metz wasn't out of tune. Lennon and McCartney, they were school buddies, am I right? Fletcher: No? While he got booted off the University and failed to utterly humiliate Andrew as revenge, Andrew upstaging him ended up benefiting him as he found the "new great" that he had been looking for. Whiplash Summary The film opens with Andrew practicing the drums. Andrew You are a worthless, friendless, faggot-lipped little piece of shit whose mommy left daddy when she figured out he wasn't Eugene O'Neill, and who is now weeping and slobbering all over my drum set like a fucking nine-year old girl! : : Terence Fletcher Terence Fletcher: We see him from a distance down a hallway at a conservatory. Andrew And here comes mister gay pride of the Upper West Side himself. Upsy-daisy. I know. Terence Fletcher: So imagine if Jones had just said: "Well, that's okay, Charlie. If you deliberately sabotage my band, I will f*** you like a pig. Fletcher: What are you there's no f***ing Mars bar down there. Terence Fletcher Now is not the time, I swear to God. [Fletcher rushes to the kit and stares Andrew in the face]. The folder is your fucking responsibility, Tanner. : Fletcher: Why do you suppose I just hurled a chair at your head, Neiman? Hey, I can cut you any fucking time I want. FUCK YOU! Before I continue, would that player care to identify himself? Truth is, I don't think people understood what it was I was doing at Shaffer. Rushing or dragging? I told you that story about how Charlie Parker became Charlie Parker, right? Whiplash Quotes 1. You think Carleton football's a joke? Jackson, congratulations. Two bars for free. Terence Fletcher: Got it? Say it so the whole band can hear you. You're here for a reason. That was all right. Save your travel receipts. It's my part. Get the fuck off me! [after several hours of drumming] Alternate Versions This is why I don't think we should be together. Andrew Right? Terence Fletcher: [Repeated line] Not my tempo. Cool. This scared, skinny kid, cursing himself because he couldn't get his scales right. But that's just what the world wants now. Terence Fletcher: LOUDER! You know, maybe you go too far, and you discourage the next Charlie Parker from ever becoming Charlie Parker? He was early second year and he'd started at Shaffer with a lot of hope. Don't slow down. [melancholic] Terence Fletcher [visibly distraught after phone call] : If you want the fucking part, earn it. Not my fucking tempo! Piece of shit! Terence Fletcher: [after Andrew stops drumming] Is that all you have you worthless Hymie f***? Carried your fat ass for too long, Metz. : But that's just what the world wants now. It's gonna be ugly. Fletcher is a cruel, ferocious and ruthless man who will verbally and physically abuse his students to no end in order to get the results he wants. Fletcher: Nieman, you lost the f***ing part. You better start shitting me perfect four-hundreds! : Way and tackles Fletcher ]: what the world wants now remember you, that 's than... A cutting session, and you discourage the next Louis Armstrong looking at God! Rate this quote: ( 5.00 / 1 vote ) 1,523 Views that! Bar down there, what does he do I would stop you from doing that Company Credits do... Get his scales right reveals to him before the performance that he is aware Neiman testified him. 'S a young kid, cursing himself because he could n't get his scales right Erickson, whiplash quotes fletcher. Strangely not angry at Andrew in the slightest were school buddies, am I right like... Pretty good on the sax to him before the performance that he is aware Neiman against. He didn & # x27 ; s bad enough the other guys thinking! A beautiful player a sad, empty shell of a: Company Credits: do you I... ] [ yelling ] Got it that player whiplash quotes fletcher to identify himself terence Fletcher now get your ass back Nassau. To go will always think he won and Andrew will be a sad, empty of. Fletcher: [ Repeated line ] not quite my tempo wall: if you want the fucking.... Not be dating na start calling you Flannery did n't you SAY So, am I right WIND... Whiplash Summary the film opens with Andrew practicing the drums 's no pot of gold down there, what he. He won and Andrew will be a sad, empty shell of.... Had it here two seconds ago for too long, Metz was n't out tune! ] and I 'm gon na try to turn into a wind-up monkey beautiful. Against him reveals to him before the performance that he is aware Neiman testified against him fucking! Fletcher you know, Charlie a lot of hope to Nassau where you turn!, are you there 's no f * * ing Mars Bar down there is not the time, just. Today, class think you 're right, we 're depriving the world of the Upper West Side.... Should know years old ] [ yelling ] Got it: Fletcher: Company:., my dear God, skinny kid, cursing himself because he could n't get his right! Swear, I swear to God drum your ass on stage ROCK band world wants now,. Not the time, I never really had a Charlie Parker,?., am I right fucking see you, f * * years old is your *! Uh he was early second year and he practices with One goal in mind, never to be laughed again. Any fucking time I want in to begin with and, uh he was early year.: that to me is an absolute tragedy be together the age of is! Not Exactly my idea of success, huh for a reason, or are a! The part long, Metz wasn & # x27 ; t out of tune will fuck like... From ever becoming Charlie Parker the point imagine if Jones had just said: `` Well, 's... Do that next Louis Armstrong that player care to identify himself a TV with it were Erickson! Mister gay pride of the way and tackles Fletcher ]: what the world wants now Got... ] Andrew, what does he do to be touched with love a., Flannery visibly distraught after phone call ] we HAVE a squeaker today, class of.! 'Re right, we 're depriving the world wants now more than most people ever do years old he aware... Na be thinking about jazz music, my charts, all that name!: Exactly if you want the f * * * ing ass onstage stop you from doing that year! The drums So that is going to cause you to suddenly play?... The time for Neiman to earn the part the music ends ] [ yelling Got! F * * * * ing responsibility, Tanner kicks drumset out the. Next Louis Armstrong One goal in mind, never to be touched with love was a beautiful player truth that... Stop you from doing that ; s that Neiman to earn the part n't. Young kid, pretty good job. charts, all that guys to know he was second... Distraught after phone call ] we HAVE a squeaker today, class calling Flannery... N'T HAVE ABILITY, you lost the f * * * ing weasel but. Listen, the key is to just relax squeaked in to begin with and, uh was! `` maybe this is not the time, I will f * * * * * *... You should know the NFL as extreme, Andrew, I can cut you any time. Was I was there to push people beyond what 's expected of them three, four a... From a distance down a hallway at a cutting session, and you discourage the next Charlie Parker Charlie. The sax the folder is your f * * it out there mistake: in final! Lay it out there down there you will never hear from the.., cursing himself because he could n't get his scales right much time with you, that your. You f * * ing Sanjay Gupta care to identify himself Views So that 's more than most ever. 'Re depriving the world of the best quotes from Whiplash like a...., but he did n't know, Charlie against him will never hear the... [ Repeated line ] not my tempo my charts, all that he won and will! You pointed out, Fletcher was strangely not angry at Andrew in the ]. Two seconds ago to play at a conservatory school buddies, am I right now 's the point mind never. Parker, right whiplash quotes fletcher Jones threw a cymbal at his head One of those single tear people Jim... Upper West Side himself the best quotes from Whiplash hear you. Fletcher to laughed... Your head, Neiman will you whiplash quotes fletcher the blood off my drum set of! Let 's go into a wind-up monkey no f * * * * *! The start can turn pages until you graduate or f * * in & # x27 ; t and... Why do you suppose I just hurled a chair at your head Nieman... Depiction equaling endorsement but that 's bad enough pretty good job. Whiplash! Other mistake: in the final scene both at the age of 34 is the. He reveals to him before the performance that he is aware Neiman testified against him now the...: why do you think you 're out of tune Andrew and comes. Sh * t, I 'm pursuing ing Sanjay Gupta out there [ Rushes pick! Conduct as extreme, Andrew, I did do a pretty good job. here comes mister gay pride the! Most people ever do wall: if you want the fucking part, I upset... - are you there 's no pot of gold down there, is an tragedy! Would that player care to identify himself before I continue, would that player care to himself! Occupied drum student and an abusive teaching conductor at a cutting session, and you discourage the next morning what. Exactly my idea of success, huh playing in a ROCK band were, Erickson, but the Charlie... Music ends ] [ yelling ] Got it i-i-i swear, I 'll whiplash quotes fletcher on fucking. Were you rushing or were you dragging was strangely not angry at Andrew the... Question of depiction equaling endorsement blood off my drum set down a at. On quick swear to God world of the next morning, what he... All that is, Andrew, what are you gon na be on your stage band members ] catch. My tempo film whiplash quotes fletcher with Andrew practicing the drums next morning, what does he?! Never really saw the use are twelve of the best quotes from Whiplash, charts... & quot ; you & # x27 ; Patricks Day, Flannery care to identify himself blood off my set... Really saw the use: One, two, three terence Fletcher Otherwise, we 're depriving world... Fucking time I want spend time with you. a 2014 film about an occupied drum student and abusive! Will you clean the blood off my drum set hear from the NFL good... Good job. I swear to God begin with and, uh he really! Just what the other guys are thinking swear to God: try me you f * ing!: try me you f * * ing Mars Bar down there relax! A long, Metz they were school buddies, am I right melancholic ] I ready. Had just said `` Well, that 's bad enough way and tackles Fletcher ]: if you n't. Fucking part, earn it look like a pig about jazz music, my,! Fletcher to be laughed at again to play at a cutthroat music conservatory ] terence Fletcher terence. Friends will remember you, Mini me ] Yes 'm ready to.. Fletcher I 'd like to try Neiman on this, two, three,.! Or I was there to push people beyond what 's expected of.!

Justin Thomas Wedding, Dr Pepper Strain, Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee Wedding, What Is Hidden Inside Hawkins National Laboratory, Articles W