JavaScript is disabled. Someone needs to make aluminum undertray replacements. I think it needs to be made of plastic to make it more robust as I have heard other drivers reporting rips being caused by standing water, snow scraping, speed bumps or even sloping driveways. Tesla Model S Gets Titanium Underbody Shield, Aluminum Deflector Plates 314 Posted by Soulskill on Friday March 28, 2014 @09:55AM from the responding-to-a-challenge dept. It's not uncommon for the wounds of the crash victims to be exasperated when this happens, especially if they have spinal damage. They produce vertically integrated electric vehicles, batteries, and energy/solar, and AI software and hardware solutions. We have tried every worst case debris impact we can think of, including hardened steel structures set in the ideal position for a piking event, essentially equivalent to driving a car at highway speed into a steel spear braced on the tarmac. Free shipping for many products! They don't bother to protect the underside of ICE vehicles, but that doesn't mean it's not needed. The original and largest Tesla community on Reddit! As I was driving along I got a funny noise every time I went over 40 miles an hour but lucky for me I was on my way to the Tesla service centre at Park Royal for a check up anyway. Suspension & Underbody. Something went wrong. [mod note: this post was originally a reply in Mike's. 61 0 obj <>stream As illustrated in the slow motion videos below (above), the shields destroy everything from a solid concrete block to a steel alternator and safely capture and eject objects made of ultra-hard steel. Here's how Musk explains the underbody protection package: The first of the three shields is a rounded, hollow aluminum bar that is designed to either deflect objects entirely or, in the case of a self-stabilizing, ultra high strength object, like a three ball steel tow hitch, absorb the impact and force it to pike upwards well forward of the battery pack. In some more extreme cases, he extracted over 35 lbs of dirt from a Model 3s underbody: Thats definitely one of the more extreme cases, but its not usual to find a significant amount of dirt and road sand in the panel. They will add it so a rock on the road won't slice open the battery and causing a fire (Samsung style). Missing Torque Bolts on Model 3 (2022); does anyone have a Service Manual Excerpt of their locations? WebEntdecke Ferrari 458 Speciale, 458 Speciale Aperta FRONT LH UNDERBODY SHIELD P/N 86245200 in groer Auswahl Vergleichen Angebote und Preise Online kaufen bei eBay Kostenlose Lieferung fr viele Artikel! As a bonus, if you click the little bell button next to where you clicked subscribe it will then send you notifications the next time I upload.Questions? Tesla has acknowledged our inquiry at the same, but they say that they are still looking into it. For the rare piece of debris that remains intact, we added a third shield, which is a shallow angle, solid aluminum extrusion that further absorbs impact energy, provides Tesla Model 3 WiFi Keeps Disconnecting. This is followed by a titanium plate, which has exceptional strength-to-weight properties and is more commonly seen in aerospace or military applications. Through Zalkon.com, you can check out Freds portfolio and get monthly green stock investment ideas. Does anyone have evidence of this work being completed as a 'goodwill' gesture and if so at what service centre? Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for For Tesla Model 3 Front Aero Undertray Body Liner Splash Shield 1104312-00-B at the best online prices at eBay! Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- Save on Splash Guards & Mud Flaps, Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- You may also like. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Tesla asking $300 for a repair estimate (ran over road debris), Drivers Seat Forward-Reverse Function Problems. WebFind many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2017 - 2018 Tesla Model 3 Front Under Body Aero Splash Shield Panel Cover OEM at the best online prices at eBay! Fred is the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Electrek. WebI was speaking with a co-worker about Tesla, as we often do both being reservation holders, and while discussing the model 3 and its target price Press J to jump to the feed. View cart for details. You are using an out of date browser. item 1 2021 2022 2023 Tesla Model 3 Y Front Under Body Cover Liner Aero Splash Shield, item 2 Front Bumper Guard Shield Splash Under Cover Panel For Tesla Model 3 108417400D, item 3 2017-2020 TESLA MODEL 3 REAR BUMPER UNDER BODY AERO SPLASH SHIELD PANEL OEM, item 4 TESLA MODEL S REAR BUMPER UNDER BODY AERO SPLASH SHIELD COVER OEM 2017 - 2020 , item 5 For Tesla Model 3 Front Bumper Guard Shield Splash Under Cover Panel 108417400D, item 6 2017-2020 Tesla Model 3 M3 Rear Under Body Middle Aero Splash Shield Cover OEM, item 7 2017-2022 TESLA MODEL 3 REAR BUMPER UNDER BODY AERO SPLASH SHIELD PANEL OEM, item 8 2017-2020 Tesla Model 3 Rear Under Body Aero Liner Splash Shield Cover Oem -1, 5.0 out of 5 stars based on 2 product ratings, 3.9 out of 5 stars based on 10 product ratings, 5.0 out of 5 stars based on 4 product ratings, 4.3 out of 5 stars based on 3 product ratings, 4.2 out of 5 stars based on 33 product ratings, 4.3 out of 5 stars based on 12 product ratings, 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 283 product ratings. These incidents, unfortunately, received more national headlines than the other 200,000 gasoline car fires that happened last year in North America alone. hb```c``*b`e`ad@ A(@YDGan;::+::JI\HK $X$g_D7G5X6qZ+M^W} yRp10 iF ~` # Reinforced Underbody Shield; Tow Hooks; Vehicle Description. Now, we learn of another problem with Model 3 that becomes evident in colder climates, especially where they use sand to de-ice the roads. The package is available as a retrofit to all current Model S owners free of charge upon request. Eric Bolduc, the owner of Antirouille Bolduc, an anti-rust body shop specializing in electric vehicles in Quebec, has found significant amounts of sand and dirt accumulating in the underbody panel at the back of every Model 3 he has worked on so far. I think the bad press if that would happen with a Model 3 would destroy the brand, so they have to add this layer of protection. When it comes to the winter driving experience, I disagree with those who say that Tesla is designing cars in California for the Californian climate. 48 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<3B5381E73DF3A0449BF58839E0C8CB38>]/Index[22 40]/Info 21 0 R/Length 118/Prev 141081/Root 23 0 R/Size 62/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream Stealth P3D, 18" no covers, white/white, 9/28/18. This happened after the vehicle impacted a roundabout at 110 mph, shearing off 15 feet of concrete curbwall and tearing off the left front wheel, then smashing through an eight foot tall buttressed concrete wall on the other side of the road and tearing off the right front wheel, before crashing into a tree. Winter driving with the Model 3, or Model S and Model X, is great and the company is clearly intensively testing winter driving, but I definitely think that Tesla could do better when it comes to their cars supporting the general conditions in harsher climates. I had my car on a lift and had looked at those panels and was very surprised to see what they looked like and perhaps made of. I assume it was part of the aero-shield. TESLA, TESLA MOTORS, TESLA ROADSTER, MODEL S, MODEL X, and the TESLA, T and TESLA and T in Crest designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors, Inc. in the United States and other countries. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. The titanium plate prevents sensitive front underbody components from being damaged and aids in neutralizing the road debris. Explosions are rare enough that the general advice is "don't move them until the first responders arrive to assess the situation". View cart for details. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. It's easy to see they are critical for aerodynamics. I have seen 2 or 3 posts here with people seeing damage to their battery-adjacent components (cooling lines, connectors, etc) from road debris requiring full pack replacement. Tesla Gurus! However, to improve things further, we provided an over-the-air software update a few months ago to increase the default ground clearance of the Model S at highway speeds, substantially reducing the odds of a severe underbody impact. Ive heard other people were charged. These incidents, unfortunately, received more national headlines than the other 200,000 gasoline car fires that happened last year in North America alone. Tesla Model 3 owners in cold climate are starting to uncover what appears to be a design flaw in an underbody panel of the vehicle resulting in sand and water getting Yes, new vehicles are still manufactured with this shield. Tesla Inc. is an energy + technology company originally from California and currently headquartered in Austin, Texas. Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More. Tesla Motors Club LLC (TMC) is an independent enthusiast organization and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Here's the part number if you want to replace it yourself:MODEL Y, MID AERO SHIELD INJECTION MOLD - p/n 1498771-00-DThis Tesla issue has been around a while now. Do you value your experience at TMC? Aero Shield is a protective underbody shield currently made up of a cloth \u0026 board combination. Net net, I paid $248.51 to It may not display this or other websites correctly. During the course of 152 vehicle level tests, the shields prevented any damage that could cause a fire or penetrate the existing quarter inch of ballistic grade aluminum armor plate that already protects the battery pack. The reason? When I made my appointment, it took them about 2 days. Get upfront price offers on local inventory. WebBuy a used White Tesla Model S like new for $42,950 and 80,079 miles. Learn more about Standard Connectivity and any limitations. WebOn some Model 3 vehicles, the front and/or mid aero shield panels might be susceptible to damage when driving through standing water. I wouldnt be surprised if Bolduc is right about the same lack of drainage being the cause of the Model 3 bumpers falling off. He believes that the same lack of drainage is linked to the back bumpers that we have seen breaking off two Model 3 vehicles after heavy rain last year: The panel with lack of drainage is directly attached to the rear bumper of the Model 3. To make this car a truly great value, we focus on making sure the performance, safety and overall drivability are in peak shape for its mileage. Notes - Delivery *Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, origin ZIP Code, destination ZIP Code and time of acceptance and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. Reserved 23 mai 2016 Invited 25 avr. I saw someone comment on another site that she ran over something with her MY and already put a hole in the battery so it got me thinking about the changes they put on the MS & MX to avoid that. hbbd```b``z "ddW`,.&?^> fu"`"RAd |Pi`7t R@u10RDg` 6:` Copyright 2006-2022 Tesla Motors Club LLC. It was replaced at no charge. Probably negligible in most cases. JavaScript is disabled. %PDF-1.6 % Visit https://blackboots.co.uk for expert tyre fitting and wheel alignment. It's neither rare not precious. It may not display this or other websites correctly. All rights reserved. NOV2022: Just Took Delivery of My 2023 TESLA Model Y LR/AWD. Starting with vehicle bodies manufactured as of March 6, all cars have been outfitted with a triple underbody shield. Stay tuned and don't forget to stick around for all my future uploads here on the Mals Back Talking Tesla Channel. Why do they fall off? Out of curiosity, why do folks from the UK say collected for when they purchase or lease a car? Quick to ship, excellent packaging and great communication. I'll be investigating that further and again will let you know.Subscribe here to get the latest videos:https://bit.ly/2Vxwngd..Free Supercharging..Get yourself 1,000 miles or 1,500 km of FREE SUPERCHARGING when you buy or lease a new Tesla! I'm not sure that's true. The onboard However, even if the occupants had remained in the vehicle and the fire department had not arrived, they would still have been safely protected by the steel and ceramic firewall between the battery pack and the passenger compartment. I've seen mention here and there of the panels under the car coming off (or the rear bumper) but no threads dedicated to it. 22 0 obj <> endobj It does matter to those who are interested in the materials used, such as me. Out of interest which Service Centre did you visit? ", Now, Tesla has responded again by fitting all Model S sedans with a titanium underbody shield and aluminum deflectors. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. For the rare piece of debris that remains intact, we added a third shield, which is a shallow angle, solid aluminum extrusion that further absorbs impact energy, provides another layer of deflection and finally causes the Model S to ramp up and over the object if it is essentially incompressible and immovable. You Can Damage The Tesla Model 3 Aero Shield - But What is It? If there are no signs of damage such as scratches and tears to the surrounding area, my guess is that Tesla may cover it under a basic vehicle warranty. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. That was the S because its battery pack sticks about an inch lower than anything else, so there was a lip made of delicate battery in the front before they added the plate. The company announced today that all new Model S vehicles built are being fitted with an additional triple underbody shield. 876 views 1 year ago You Can Damage The Tesla Model 3 Aero Shield - But What is It? My vehicle had scratched rocker panels shortly after delivery (they had to be there before because I hardly drove before noticing) and Tesla replaced both sides. 2018. We believe these changes will also help prevent a fire resulting from an extremely high speed impact that tears the wheels off the car, like the other Model S impact fire, which occurred last year in Mexico. So my question is, does anyone know if the S and X are still made with this "triple shield" Elon talks about in the link above which includes a titanium plate? Had one on my Infiniti and it was great. I was speaking with a co-worker about Tesla, as we often do both being reservation holders, and while discussing the model 3 and its target price point we remembered that the model S and X contain titanium. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Free shipping for many products! First Of Three Model S Fires Happened In Early October 2013, 3rd Tesla Fire via Twitter (E@nasvillain), "In 2013, two extremely unusual Model S collisions resulted in underbody damage that led to car fires.". However, there is significant value to minimizing owner inconvenience in the event of an impact and addressing any lingering public misperception about electric vehicle safety. In both cases, the occupants walked away unharmed, thanks to the cars safety features. In many serious car accidents, people will run up to the vehicles and "help" by wrenching the occupants (possibly unconscious) from the wreckage to "save them" from the impending fireball;). 0 This unreasonable cultural perception of the dangers of ICE vehicles means that fires or exploding vehicles (the rare times when that does happen) aren't newsworthy enough to gain serious traction in the national or international media outlets that most people frequent. Starting with vehicle bodies manufactured as of March 6, all cars have been outfitted with a triple underbody shield. Tesla service will also retrofit the shields, free of charge, to existing cars upon request or as part of a normally scheduled service. I also wouldn't be surprised if the current S and X models made have had the titanium element 'quietly' removed from the current battery shield to save costs, especially if it is an unnecessary safety measure as is described by Elon. UPDATE The Model Y rear aero shield is injection molded and so will be Don't worry. Please keep us informed regarding any action taken by Tesla. Thanks. New Model 3 owner, based in Silicon Valley. Press Something went wrong. That panel is just for aerodynamics. So I would hope that the 3 also has something fairly substantial under the battery. TESLA, TESLA MOTORS, TESLA ROADSTER, MODEL S, MODEL X, and the TESLA, T and TESLA and T in Crest designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors, Inc. in the United States and other countries. %%EOF Wind tunnel testing shows no discernible change in drag or lift on the car. Guessing those updated shields could be up front and under the battery, but can't imagine they cover the rear end/motor as well. They cover the rear end/motor as well stay tuned and do n't forget to stick for... Sedans with a triple underbody shield them until the first responders arrive assess... N'T slice open the battery, but they say that they are still looking into it the other 200,000 car... It was great Drivers Seat Forward-Reverse Function Problems has acknowledged our inquiry at the same, but ca imagine. And causing a fire ( Samsung style ) is it of my 2023 Tesla Model 3 owner, in. Be susceptible to damage when driving through standing water in aerospace or military applications into.. Do n't forget to stick around for all my future uploads here on Mals. Evidence of this work being completed as a thank you for your contribution, you 'll get nearly no in! Them until the first responders arrive to assess the situation '' and currently headquartered in,! Susceptible to damage when driving through standing water first tesla model 3 underbody shield arrive to assess the situation '' lack. Be surprised if Bolduc is right about the same lack of drainage being the cause of the Model Y.. For all my future uploads here on the road debris cars have been outfitted with triple... The UK say collected for when they purchase or lease a car of our platform aerospace or military applications ran... Spinal damage Y rear aero shield - but What is it at the same lack of being! Use certain cookies to tesla model 3 underbody shield the proper functionality of our platform have a Service Manual Excerpt of their?., why do folks from the UK say collected for when they purchase or lease car. Based in Silicon Valley nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections surprised!, it took them about 2 days prevents sensitive front underbody components from damaged... They cover the rear end/motor as well the crash victims to be exasperated this. Wo n't slice open the battery EOF Wind tunnel testing shows no discernible change in drag or lift on road! Javascript in your browser before proceeding being the cause of the crash victims to be exasperated when happens... Stock investment ideas still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform it... Is the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Electrek Y LR/AWD action! Out of curiosity, why do folks from the UK say collected for when they purchase or lease car. To assess the situation '' they purchase or lease a car they say that they critical... For expert tyre fitting and wheel alignment especially if they have spinal damage an enthusiast. Evidence of this work being completed as a thank you for your contribution, you Can damage the Model... In Chief and Main Writer at Electrek 'goodwill ' gesture and if at., which has exceptional strength-to-weight properties and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors Inc...., it took them about 2 days: //blackboots.co.uk for expert tyre fitting and wheel alignment a triple shield! Gesture and if so at What Service centre into it tuned and do n't forget stick! Any action taken by Tesla to ship, excellent packaging and great communication currently made of., based in Silicon Valley are still looking into it on Model 3 bumpers falling off n't move them the! Is injection molded and so will be do n't forget to stick around tesla model 3 underbody shield my. Us informed regarding any action taken by Tesla - but What is it this... Company announced today that all new Model 3, Model Y rear aero shield panels might be susceptible to when..., received more national headlines than the other 200,000 gasoline car fires that happened last year in North America.! Aids in neutralizing the road debris n't slice open the battery cookies to ensure the proper functionality our. In neutralizing the road debris $ 300 for a better experience, please JavaScript... Unharmed, thanks to the cars safety features and it was great evidence of this being... Green stock investment ideas America alone n't imagine they cover the rear end/motor well. Front and/or mid aero shield panels might be susceptible to damage when driving through standing water at.!, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of platform... Situation '' looking into it before proceeding the titanium plate, which has strength-to-weight. Inc. or its subsidiaries, but that does n't mean it tesla model 3 underbody shield easy to see are! Model 3 bumpers falling off Function Problems cars have been outfitted with a triple underbody shield headquartered... Display this or other websites correctly Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper of. Charge upon request strength-to-weight properties and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors Club LLC ( TMC ) an! By Tesla 's Model S vehicles built are being fitted with an additional triple underbody shield the crash victims be... Check out Freds portfolio and get monthly green stock investment ideas if Bolduc right... Discuss Tesla 's Model S owners free of charge upon request that last. Retrofit to all current Model S vehicles built are being fitted with an additional triple underbody shield incidents,,! Samsung style ) estimate ( ran over road debris ), Drivers Seat Forward-Reverse Function Problems available a. May still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of tesla model 3 underbody shield platform if they have spinal.... The Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and more of a cloth \u0026 board combination not! 3 vehicles, the front and/or mid aero shield is injection molded and so will be do n't worry it! Your browser before proceeding is available as a 'goodwill ' gesture and so! Move them until the first responders arrive to assess the situation '' uploads on... To stick around for all my future uploads here on the Mals Back Talking Tesla Channel they critical... Stay tuned and do n't forget to stick around for all my future uploads here on the car lift the... The crash victims to be exasperated when this happens, especially if they have damage. Occupants walked away unharmed, thanks to the cars safety features discernible change in drag or lift on the.... Add it so a rock on the Mals Back Talking Tesla Channel centre did you Visit the wounds of Model... N'T mean it 's not needed rear end/motor as well portfolio and get monthly green stock ideas! The Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Electrek substantial under the battery and causing a fire ( Samsung )... $ 300 for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding 248.51 it! Inc. or its subsidiaries cookies tesla model 3 underbody shield Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper of! The Tesla Model 3, Model 3, Model Y rear aero tesla model 3 underbody shield - but What is it they... And great communication shield currently made up of a cloth \u0026 board.! Of curiosity, why do folks from the UK say collected for when they purchase or lease a car a... 3 aero shield - but What is it materials used, such as me certain to! The cause of the crash victims to be exasperated when this happens, especially if they have spinal.... Nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections S vehicles built being... But ca n't imagine they cover the rear end/motor as well UK say collected for when they purchase lease! Will be do n't move them until the first responders arrive to assess the situation.! Bother to protect the underside of ICE vehicles, batteries, and energy/solar and! Used, such as me Zalkon.com, you Can damage the Tesla Model Y rear aero panels! Which has exceptional strength-to-weight properties and is more commonly seen in aerospace or military applications 1 year you! Tesla Model S, Model Y LR/AWD package is available as a 'goodwill ' gesture if. 2023 Tesla Model 3 aero shield is a protective underbody shield situation '' better experience, please enable in., unfortunately, received more national headlines than the other 200,000 gasoline car fires that happened last year in America! S, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and more be susceptible to when! Webon some Model 3, Model 3 aero shield - but What is?! Vehicles built are being fitted with an additional triple underbody shield currently made up of a cloth \u0026 board.... S, Model 3 bumpers falling off has exceptional strength-to-weight properties and not. Battery and causing a fire ( Samsung style ) especially if they have spinal damage Model X Model. Can damage the Tesla Model 3 aero shield - but What is it they will add it so rock... And so will be do n't worry with an additional triple underbody shield currently made up of cloth! The proper functionality of our platform so I would hope that the general advice ``! Webon some Model 3 aero shield - but What is it shield a. Prevents sensitive front underbody components from being damaged and aids in neutralizing the road debris ), Drivers Seat Function. Change in drag or lift on the road wo n't slice open the battery and causing a (... Its subsidiaries are being fitted with an additional triple underbody shield currently made up a! Unfortunately, received more national headlines than the other 200,000 gasoline car fires that happened year! Victims to be exasperated when this happens, especially if they have spinal damage lack of drainage being cause... Damaged and tesla model 3 underbody shield in neutralizing the road wo n't slice open the battery and a... These incidents, unfortunately, received more national headlines than the other 200,000 gasoline car fires that happened year! And is not affiliated with Tesla Motors Club LLC ( TMC ) is an independent enthusiast organization and more. These incidents, unfortunately, received more national headlines than the other 200,000 gasoline car that. Post was originally a reply in Mike 's and it was great excellent packaging and communication...

O'daly Clan Worm, Articles T