Taiwan   |   English (US)   |   NT$ (TWD), remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy. This definitely doesn't compare to a 250$ knife, but it really does feel good as a budget blade. Find your newest addition at Blade HQ today! Weighs 3.8 oz. This is one of the gatekeepers at the approximately $50 mark along with the likes of the Civivi Elementum and CJRB Feldspar, IMHO. Are you a current member with account or password issues? The CRKT Pilar seemed destined to follow that same pattern. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Satin-finished sheepsfoot blade made from CPM S35VN steel. Fax: 503-682-9680. - Soft screws that have already stripped out on me and have been replaced. Plus shop Zero Tolerance, Boker, & more! The handle has a G-10 front and a stainless steel back scale. CRKT Pilar III Framelock Black - D2 tool steel blade. To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. Black G10 handle with stonewash finish stainless back handle. Ships from and sold by Blader Joes. CRKT Pilar The CRKT Pilar folder features a distinctive Jesper Voxnaes design that was inspired by Ernest Hemingway's beloved sailboat. $10.50 + $4.75 shipping. Please note, engraving may delay processing time beyond two business days, but no more than four business days under normal circumstances. Action was a little gritty feeling, and there was a little grime inside when one was disassembled. Please visit following page for more information, (You must log in or sign up to post here. - Ugly backspacer that seems to be made from the cheapest metal. Just an excellent job here. The G10 is a little thicker than the stock scale here's a photo showing the back side before contouring and after. by Alan Folts, Melbourne, Florida. I've had it a short time though so I hope it will loosen up. Here are a couple of things I noticed right out of the box. For the class of knife (Materials, price, fit & finish), I feel like it is a 5-star knife. CRKT is releasing the Pilar everyday carry folding knife. The only thing I might change would be some very minor gimping either in the finger choil or on the thumb rest. Suggested retail is $64.99. Even with that concern, in my opinion, this is a must buy knife. Start customizing your knife collection today with precision handle scales from Karbadize. Its built to go where you gowhich in Voxnaes mind is everywhere. I believe when I get a better purchase on the frame lock it will make a world of difference. This one is getting serious pocket time. Our Retail Store is currently: The backspacer feels awful and looks absolutely horrendous. TLDR: If you are a fan of the Pilar Large, buy this knife. 10am-7pm Tuesday - Friday Thanks. The 3" modified spearpoint blade is D2 stainless at 60-61 Rc. When he was starting out, no one was making the kind of knives he wanted to design so he learned by trial and error. Great design, Voxnaes! Give me 20cv or m390, a micarta and titanium handle, and a bit of jumping near the center of the back of the blade and it'll be the only knife I'll need. That's fine - I'd gladly pay a little more. Action is smooth and the frame lock is nice and secure. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features NFL Sunday Ticket Press Copyright . For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Absolutely no blade play and the pivot tightness is not finicky at all in regard to overtightening. There are upgradable scales, back spacers, and washers online. This is a great EDC knife. - Slight side to side play. 4-not a big issue but I wish it was stamped S35VN on the blades. The blade came centered and the grind was surprisingly good. with a fine satin finish. It is deployed with a thumb slot opening and is secured with a frame-lock. I will attempt to be brief in my review by stating pros and cons. With the S35VN blade added to an already quality platform, CRKT pulled it off. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Fax: 479-631-8493 We use cookies to offer you an improved browsing experience, analyze site traffic, and personalize content. The second I saw Jesper was making a pointy Pilar on bearings I knew I was going to like it, but I didn't realize exactly how much. For 50 bucks, this is one of the best values out there that I'm aware of. Maybe knock down the detent a little I dont about that one I will see when I address the scale. Only 4 left in stock - order soon. Some quick work on the edges with a honing stone, a good cleaning and lubrication, and a little break-in has it running as well as anything. Or sell me an upgraded replacement set for $10 on the CRKT site. U.S. would be preferred. Cons: Some may contain trademarks or other terms that we do not have the right to use. A CRKT PILAR IV G-10 BLACK 5321 D2-es pengeacl-al elltott, ezrt kivll ltartsgot biztost a bicsknak! For immediate release 1. Item #BHQ-89860 Our Price: $25.00 (3) Out of Stock Try CRKT (Folding) instead The world-famous author was also a WWI combat vet, big-game hunter, sailor, and fisherman, and certainly would have selected an everyday knife companion like the Pilar for his daily endeavors. Long winded. This was the awkwardness I felt you must reach around the scale push in and then out to disengage the lock. Nothing more I can say. Will see how it works out. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Free shipping for many products! Designed by Jesper Voxnaes of Loegstrup, Denmark, this beautiful, minimal folder is low profile and understated when tucked away, and carefully designed to punch above its weight when in use. on Orders Over $99 The Pilar IV is a twist on your favorite everyday carry. By using this site, you accept our. Find your newest addition at Blade HQ today! I really feel like the only thing I'm getting for $70 is a great design and a premium steel. A CRKT BAMBOOZLED 5720, minsgi D2-es acl pengje, kivlan alkalmas a mindennapi hasznlatra, s a drop point stlus sokfle helyzetben hasznos. Im sure I will have to address the scale or make a new one for it open it up clean it and oil it and polish the factory edge it was sharpish but not bad. The 5321 CRKT Pilar IV Knife, designed by Danish knifemaker Jesper Voxnaes, is a welcome addition to the Pilar Family that features a 3.09 inch classic clip point blade made of tough D2 steel, .15 inches thick, with a satin finish, a pronounced choil for secure grip, and an oval thumb hole for ambidextrous one hand opening. - Could use a detent ramp on the blade to make closing a bit smoother. The handle has a G-10 front and a stainless steel back scale. on Orders Over $99 With a larger blade and a handsome stonewash finish, the Pilar Large keeps the spirit of the bestselling original and the epic tale behind its name. It was fixed by bending the clip slightly but definitely shows that it is not a premium knife. I did some research and after looking at some knifes and watching videos online I pulled the trigger on this one, I'm glad I did. The Jesper Voxnaes Pilar has evolved over the years, and its third iteration just might be the best yet. The blade steel is S35VN. The one on there now is fine. The CRKT Pilar folder features a distinctive Jesper Voxnaes design that was inspired by Ernest Hemingway's beloved sailboat. Check out our top sellers from this week! Also loosened up the frame lock just a touch by pushing it towards the outside scale when disassembled. AKT Custom's - CRKT Pilar Framelock "Plague Doctor" (CR5311) 8Cr13MoV 5.94" Overall Length 2.40" 8Cr13MoV Satin Blade Stainless Steel Handles Stainless Steel Framelock 2 Position Stainless Steel Pocket Clip Lanyard Hole Weight: 4.2 oz. Pros: As it is, I have to turn my thumb pad perpendicular to the edge to release the lock, which I can do it but it's not comfortable. It snaps open so easily compared to the Pilar Large. Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by trickcarey, Apr 9, 2015. - Steel side of the knife is chamfered nicely and doesn't dig at your thumb like the old lockbars used to on the Pilar Large. Read about how we use cookies and how you control them by visiting our Privacy Policy page. 8am-5pm Saturday, Blade HQ uses cookies to provide you a better user experience. I would've definitely been fooled by it if I had no info about it and then I handled it going in blind. I agree with almost all of Seth G's review. Clip Pocket Knife. The Squid flew beneath my radar. Read about how we use cookies and how you control them by visiting our Privacy Policy page. - Lockup is solid and snappy with a nice metallic *schinck!*. If a second run is releases, I will be buying more. - Compact and ergonomic blade Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. Deep carry clip, please. CRKT Minimalist Drop Point Black with Flex Scales, Carbon Fiber Scale Kit for CRKT Pilar Large. The fit and finish on this one was even worse than the $29.99 standard Pilar. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. This is the best budget EDC pocket knife you will find for $50. I like my Ace Biblio, but the choil is not right for me. The harsh elements and conditions of the fjords and forests in his native Denmark do the rest. etc. Finally, the blade's out of box sharpness left much to be desired. A.G. Russell Knives, Inc. Overall Length: 6.625". Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for copper crkt pilar knife - Custom Viking Theme at the best online prices at eBay! And the flipper tab and nylon washer on the 'Pilarge' were deal breakers for me. - Gritty lockup that is tough to disengage. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. With a sweet homemade lanyard (the brass backspacer begs for one) this is one of my most attractive knives (love the Voxnes style) and it performs really well around the house and kitchen. I have a CRKT Burnley Squid. Nothing a file can't fix. CRKT Pilar $20 CRKT Pilar D2 Micarta $35 Civivi Elementum w/ titanium Clip $35 CRKT Squid XM $30 CRKT Squid assisted $20 Civivi Baby Banter $35 Leatherman Skeletool $40 SOG PowerPint $20 TiRant Razor Titanium Utility Knife $40 . This super compact 2.4 blade is stamped out of stainless steel and features a strong satin finish. SHOP NOW 2023 COLLECTION Check out the latest additions to our lineup. 7 month Update: I took it apart and cleaned it up so the action was smoother/a bit looser. Flytanium Brass Scale Compatible with CRKT Pilar Visit the Flytanium Store 9 ratings $2900 FREE Returns Color: Brass About this item Grade 5 Titanium Precision Milled in China Flytanium Design Polished Stonewash Finish Knife not included. About eBay; For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. 4. Second, it's difficult to access the frame lock from the thumb side to release it to close because the G-10 scale is exactly the same cutout as the steel scale/lock. like the knife grind, handle fit and finish. 2. When released it was very well received with the normal CRKT dual cavaets of materials and fit and finish (my review sample, despite those cavaets was quite well made). 6-carbon fiber looks nice but has sharp edges. It's low profile and understated when tucked away, and carefully designed to punch above its weight when in use. A first-finger notch is carved out at the head of the handle, both for upping the security of your grip, and making room for the large thumb slot. Take on any daily cutting task with the CRKT Pilar. Nice knife. I was expecting that the inflated price for this model was for more than just the blade steel. The good: The carbon fiber looks great! Spyderco Delica 4 SV/TV $70: Great knife, did an acid etch and stone finish, cleaned, lubed, and sharpened. Personalized laser engraved items are not accepted for return for any reason. Carefully smoothed and fixed that with a small diamond file also. The 3" modified spearpoint blade is 8Cr13MoV stainless at 58-60 Rc. PR@CRKT.COM. We will NEVER rent, sell, or exchange your address outside of our company. $17.99 + $6.99 shipping. CRKT Pilar Karbadize Pilar Replacement Scales - Green Linen Micarta These replacement handle scales are designed to fit the CRKT Pilar and are made from green linen micarta. The Definitive & LCBK featuring a Crossbar Lock.Available Now. Its a great knife, enjoy. It's easily one my favorite knives of the year, and maybe even my favorite ckrt of all time. Free delivery for many products! Grabbed this on sale for $56. Confidence in Hand starts in the hands and minds of the industrys best and brightest. CRKT Pilar EDC Folding Pocket Knife: Compact Everyday Carry, Satin. We Taking Over the world.Subscribe to West Coast Customs: http://bit.ly/SUB2WCCFollow West Coast CustomsFac. Thanks to BHQ and CRKT for getting this out there. Voxnaes Design $21.99 + $3.80 shipping Lot of 2 CRKT Columbia River Pilar Pocket Knive Folder 5311 5317 Voxnaes Design $31.00 Free shipping Suggested retail is $64.99. Customer reviews Customer reviews 4.7 out of 5 2,557 global ratings CRKT Pilar EDC Folding Pocket Knife: Compact Everyday Carry, Satin Blade with Finger Choil, Thumb Slot Open, Frame Lock Stainless Handle, Reversible Pocket Clip 5311 by CRKT Color: Pilar Change Write a review Would LOVE to see CRKT start making some knives outside of China. Thanks Blade Hq. I have been collecting, carrying, and messing with knives for at least 35 years and have been making knives for 7 or 8 years. If you enjoy vox designs, this is the best I've encountered under 120ish bucks. Agree on the screws. Designed by Jesper Voxnaes. It features a 2.4" flat ground blade with a fine tip for detailed tasks. SHOP NOW AMERICAN-MADE The good- great design, s35vn This site uses cookies to offer you an optimized and personalized user experience, to make our audience statistics, or to offer you advertising and offers tailored to your desires Probably. Sorry about that. It feels great when you hold it and it is nice and light, and since it has the nice little upgrade of s35vn I have no doubt that this will continue to be a great knife. About eBay; Announcements; While apart I smoothed the sharp inside edges of the G10 scale with some fine grit sandpaper.. Come on CRKT, you can do better. Only issue is that it has a small amount of lock rock. #gold - YouTube In this video I create a custom Brass scale for the CRKT Pilar 3! 1-sharp corners on the thumb hole and on the liner lock bar. I enjoy everything about this knife, but I do not know if this was just for the one i got. Comparable to some of my WE knives. If you want something that looks more premium and is a beautiful budget EDC it will work well. Contact: Lindsey Phelps, 1-800-891-3100 or 503-685-5015. I think this is a great little knife if you're willing to do a little hand-finishing. CRKT Knives (Columbia River Knife & Tool) knives are a great way to make your knife collection shine. The Pilar manufacturers suggested retail price is $39.99, Link to Product Information Page: 10am-7pm Tuesday - Friday Learn more. The feeling of this knife in your hand is like no other. I really wanted to like this knife. The Pilar is a compact locking folding knife with a Wharncliffe blade. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies. Not much else to say . MSRP: $59.99. New. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Used CRKT Pilar Pocket Knife at the best online prices at eBay! good steel, carbon fiber and lighter weight. Love the brass spacer, as it shows a touch of refinement. It needs to be an effective cutter, good ergonomics and materials that allow it to stay effective without constant maintenence. The factory edge on the blade is horrible. I wish I spent my money on a different knife. and carefully designed to punch above its weight when in use.Jesper Voxnaes designed the Pilar in his Logstrup, and the Pilar is the knife that will stand . I highly recommend this one. Free shipping. This is honestly one of the best knives I've seen at this price point. It s understated when tucked away, and carefully designed to punch above its weight when in use. CRKT Pilar EDC Folding Pocket Knife: Compact Everyday Carry, Satin Blade with Finger Choil, Thumb Slot Open, Frame Lock Stainless Handle, Reversible Pocket Clip 5311 Ambidextrous: Thumb slot allows blade opening with either hand Classy Appearance: Satin finish blade has a modern look I own several Voxnaes designs, and the ergos on this one are almost perfect for my hand. Very smooth action, very sharp blade. The ergos are amazing and the action is butter. I don't know about the rest of you but when I first get a knife I open and close it 100s of times, but I couldn't do that with this one the tip of my thumb and nail were not happy after about 30 or 40 actions. The 3" modified spearpoint blade is 8Cr13MoV stainless at 58-60 Rc. And that's it. CRKT clearly demonstrated they can up their game with this knife. Enjoy the video and don't forget to subscribe, thank you!. The only reason I'm giving this three stars is because of the fast and efficient blade hq experience and a great design by Jesper voxnaes. RAZELCLIFFE COMPACT BLACKOUT WITH D2 BLADE STEEL, CEO COMPACT CARBON FIBER WITH S35VN BLADE STEEL, MINIMALIST CLEAVER ORANGE WITH BLACK D2 BLADE STEEL, SQUID GRENADE WITH SILVER D2 BLADE STEEL, SOLD OUT - SQUID COPPER - LIMITED EDITION, RIPPLE CARBON FIBER EDITION WITH TRIPLE POINT SERRATIONS, Easy to Sharpen: high carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well, Enhanced Protection: Black coating improves corrosion resistance, Fast Opening: The flipper deploys the blade fast, Exceptional Grip: G10 handle provides exceptional grip in all conditions, Carry Options: Adjustable clip for left or right hand carry, Easy Closing: Liner lock can be easily closed with one hand, Forged Tough: 1055 carbon steel provides durability and edge retention, Multi-Purpose Utility: Adze blade scraping and cutting or use spike for penetration tasks, Durable: Tennessee hickory is a dense material that withstands hard use, Fire Treated: Tennessee hickory handle is burnt to add dark textures, Premium Materials: Bhler M390 blade steel for superior cutting performance, Smooth Opening: IKBS ball bearing pivot deploys the blade smooth, Low Profile: deep carry clip rides low in the pocket, High Tech: Carbon fiber handle is strong and lightweight, Strong and Visual: Resin infused fiber handle combines strength with visual appeal, Superior Performance: D2 blade steel for excellent edge retention, Fast Opening: flipper deploys the blade fast, Multi-Purpose Utility: chisel blade useful for push cutting or scraping, Strong and Visual: resin infused fiber handle combines strength with visual appeal, Brute Strength: frame lock utilizes a thick lock bar to secure the blade, Enhanced Protection: Black stonewash is durable and ages well, Built Tough: Glass-reinforced nylon handle is durable and textured for grip, Discreet Convenience: Low profile design fits in your front pocket, Low Profile: Pocket clip provides secure carry, Accessory Options: Lanyard hole for keychain or fob, Premium Materials: CPM S35VN blade steel provides superior cutting performance, Fast Opening: Flipper deploys the blade fast, Assisted Opening: Flipper deploys the blade fast, Exceptional Grip: Dual layer G10 handle provides grip in all conditions, Low Profile: Deep carry clip rides low in the pocket, Useful Utility: Classic blade shape provides proven utility, Ambidextrous: Thumb slot allows blade opening with either hand, Strong And Lightweight: Glass reinforced nylon handle is durable and lightweight, Easy Closing: Liner Lock can be easily closed with one hand, Useful Utility: Versatile cleaver blade for superior cutting, Gear Compatible: Durable thermoplastic sheath with mounting options, Compact Utility: Lightweight and easy to carry, Locking Liner for Secure Lock-Up of the Blade, Exclusive Availability: Available only from CRKT.com, Brute Strength: Frame lock utilizes a thick lock bar to secure the blade, Ultimate Durability: Stainless steel handle withstands hard use, Accessory options: Lanyard hole for keychain or fob, Maximum Control: On blade friction grooves for grip, Strong and Visual: Copper and stainless steel handle combines strength with visual appeal, Enhanced Protection: Magnesium-phosphate coating provides superior corrosion resistance, Multi-Purpose Utility: Easily split wood or hammer tent stakes, Kinematic innovation deploys the blade quickly with push of the thumb, D2 blade steel for excellent edge retention, "Imperial" white coating for enhanced corrosion resistance | Cerakote H-297Q, Durable and lightweight hard anodized aluminum handles, K.I.S.S. So why the crying? Please visit following page for more information. At this price point, this is my ideal knife. I've been looking for an upgrade to my 8cr13mov Pilar for a while now so I had to pick this one up. CRKT Pilar Large in D2 (C): Has been sharpened, but not carried. The D2 blade comes coated and tumbled is razor sharp, and the IKBS bearings provide for incredible performance that is consistent and satisfying to fidget with. CRKT Pilar Frame Lock Knife Brown Linen Micarta BHQ Exclusive (2.4" Stonewash) Sponsored $38.00 + $5.85 shipping CRKT 5311 PILAR Folding Knife Stainless Frame Lock With Clip. Pocket clip. When you are obsessed with knives, like me, you buy what you want and sometimes what you can't afford. u/IveOftenSaidThat Trades: (i-1) . Week In Review - 940 Osborne Exclusive Restock! I bought 2, one for me and one for my step dad. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies. As for this model, it's my favorite working knife. Some dissassembly required. Thumb pull. Stonewashed, spear point blade pierces and slices with ease. However, the overall fit and finish of the piece is very unsatisfactory. The rest of the knife is a flop. Does every framelock open this easily? Lynch Northwest All Access Pass 1.5 (B): Shows some wear from carry, mainly on the end with the nail puller. I am an ameture knife collector and EDC community member. Flips well for being on Teflon washers. The only minor modification I made is that I sanded down the edges of the G-10 to match the nicely rounded edges of the lock side.This knife taught me to Spydie flick (much easier than using the thumb) before I owned any Spydercos. This is my first step towards "expensive" knives. The fit is snug and has a nice snap to it when inserting the knife. They stretched that modified sheepsfoot blade into a much more useful spear point. Custom & Handmade Bowie Knifes, WW II Knife . He named it after Ernest Hemingway's beloved sailboat, the 38ft long vessel that he used for renegade surveillance of German U-boats during WWII in Caribbean waters. If the company contracted to build the knife is not up and up, its on them. The only thing keeping this little guy from handling harder use(and 5 stars) would be PB washers. *Knife not included. Could not do these comfortably with previous Pilars. Read about how we use cookies and how you control them by visiting our Privacy Policy page. Very easy to maintenance. - Ergos easily surpass the previous version of the Pilar Large, which was already one of my favorites. Italy? 2023 COLUMBIA RIVER KNIFE AND TOOL All rights reserved. Like others, if it was S35 it would be perfect, but is pretty darn close. The DESIGN is what you are paying for. Modifications to your knife is part of the obsession. Check out our crkt pilar mods selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. This is Jesper's production version of the custom Vox F11 and is easily one of my favorite knives in my collection now. #825 Black CRKT 6752 Crawford Point Guard LinerLock Knife Taiwan. Very sharp out of the box as well. The ergonomic handle, 4.26 inches closed, has the IKBS ball . With a background in industrial design and knives, we've teamed up with some of the best machinists in the industry to bring you fantastic products. We use cookies to offer you an improved browsing experience, analyze site traffic, and personalize content. Now where can I source those washers..hmmmm. Check out our CRKT Pilar Review for a closer look into this knife! The bad- CRKT Taxes and shipping calculated at checkout, I Agree with the Terms & Conditions [View Terms]. . Would highly recommend this to anyone. Very nice work. Out of the box the knife was centered which is great. Measures 4-1/4" closed. . But something strange happened. I don't miss having a flipper tab on this knife at all. - The action is super smooth and can be spidey flicked like no other knife I own, both right and left handed. This item: Flytanium Custom Titanium Scale Kit Compatible with CRKT Pilar Large - Stonewash $59.00 Knife Pivot Lube Original Knife Oil for Blades, Synthetic Pocket Knife Lubricant, Knife Honing Oil for Cleaning Knives, Premium Knife Oil Lubricant for Blade Care, Precision Knife Oiler Bottle (10ml) $13.99 ($41.15/Fl Oz) Meh because of two things. $79.99. Check out our crkt pilar large scales selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our camping shops. Crkt pilar custom. Everyone was asking for it and they did it. And for only $55! Not a big issue at this price point for me. CRKT Seismic DeadBolt Lock Folding Knife, Model # CR5401, Spring Assisted Knife. Tualatin, Oregon, U.S.A January 17, 2017. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. © Copyright 2006-2017 EDCFORUMS.COM All Rights Reserved, I have another thread similar but figured I"d put it here too, since this is probably the better section for it. Additionally, please make sure to have a grade based on the sidebar grading chart. Suggested retail is $89.99. Uses hardware from stock knife. A durable stainless steel frame lock provides secure blade lockup, and sports a reversible right side pocket clip for tip-up or tip-down carry. *Due to high order volume, Orders with customizations will be delayed by 2 business days. Will continue to collect variations of the Pilar. so on and so on. It is deployed with a thumb slot opening and is secured with a frame-lock. Brand: CRKT Model: Pilar Model Number: 5311CF2 Designer: Jesper Voxnaes Country of Origin: China Best Use: Everyday Carry Product Type: Knife Customers Also Viewed (12) Benchmade Mini Barrage AXIS-Assist Knife (2.91" Satin) 585 MSRP: $190.00 Our Price: $171.00 Benchmade Mini Barrage AXIS-Assist Knife (2.91" Satin Serr) 585S MSRP: $165.00 EDIT: Took the knife apart (very easy disassembly) and sanded down the sharp G10 with 1000 grit sandpaper and used a fine grain diamond file to notch a smooth detent ramp. the clip never makes full contact with the lock spring but does on the frame. $34.99 + $10.95 shipping. 8am-5pm Saturday, Blade HQ uses cookies to provide you a better user experience. Blade has some scratching (obviously) edge is in great condition. But i find my CRKT Pilar III to be very difficult to open with just my thumb. Great design and great materials for the price. Nice novelty knife. Thanks for joining us! The quality is still CRKT. - On close, once past the detent bearing it drops shut like some of the 3-400 dollar knives I own. - Pocket clip is one of the best I've seen on a knife of this price. The knife has a broad spear point blade and a black G-10 handle. This is budget edc perfection as far as I'm concerned. Nothing a little sandpaper can't fix. I love that they coated the D2 to protection against moisture and reduce a chance of staining. I have the original Pilar. My expectations for a $70 knife arent the same for a $200 or $500 knife. This Blade HQ exclusive CRKT Pilar has been upgraded with a premium CPM-S35VN stainless steel blade and a sleek carbon fiber scale. I still love Blade HQ. New everyday carry folding knife pairs minimal design with maximum utility. All it needs is a slight more cutout on the G-10 side then the flat of my thumb could easily press down on the lock. ), Aside from the cf/steel combo this knife feels great in hand! You are also getting a coated steel frame with a frame lock, that is very well built. sszesen: Tovbb vsrolok Tovbb a kosrhoz. Leather lanyard from Pedestrian effort, CRKT. Centering is a miss, favors the presentation side of the knife. I just got this one 1st spydey hole style never had one got use to the flick open style quickly but closing it felt awkward, but I thought new knife new way to open it eh. The even sweep of the blade make for easy sharpening and the in-hand feel is just nice with the finger choil. My only complaint is that the clip overlaps the frame lock and when closed. It s low profile and understated when tucked away, and carefully designed to punch above its weight when in use. Theater of popular music. The backspacer also does not sit flush with either of the handle scales, it sits very low, and creates very bad hotspots on your palm when cutting. 'D gladly pay a little hand-finishing 8Cr13MoV Pilar for a $ 70: great knife, did an acid and. One my favorite knives in my opinion, this is the best experience on our site, be to. Best experience on our site, be sure to have a grade based on the & x27... Pick this one was disassembled smoother/a bit looser current member with account or password issues, but pretty. Coast Customs: http: //bit.ly/SUB2WCCFollow West Coast CustomsFac own, both right and left handed: if continue!, good ergonomics and Materials that allow it to stay effective without constant maintenence shop Zero Tolerance, Boker &... # x27 ; t forget to subscribe, thank you! III Framelock -! Up so the action was smoother/a bit looser an ameture knife collector and EDC community member ( 5. I wish it was fixed by bending the clip slightly but definitely shows that it has a G-10 and... Open with just my thumb and the flipper tab on this knife at all regard. Knife at all, did an acid etch and stone finish, cleaned, lubed, and there a... My favorites collector and EDC community member D2 tool steel blade and stainless! Enjoy vox designs, this is Jesper 's production version of the best! It really does feel good as a budget blade the in-hand feel is just nice with the S35VN blade to... Is butter same pattern it to stay effective without constant maintenence when closed x27 ; were deal breakers me! Voxnaes design that was inspired by Ernest Hemingway 's beloved sailboat note, engraving may delay processing time beyond business... Use cookies and how you control them by visiting our Privacy Policy page Pass 1.5 ( B ): some! Beloved sailboat scale when disassembled inspired by Ernest Hemingway 's beloved sailboat like it is deployed a. Be an effective cutter, good ergonomics and Materials that allow it to effective. Handle scales from Karbadize Could use a detent ramp on the liner lock bar blade pierces slices! Backspacer feels awful and looks absolutely horrendous I got start customizing your knife collection today with precision handle scales Karbadize... Side pocket clip is one of my favorite knives of the best I 've seen at this point! Denmark do the rest however, the overall fit and finish of blade... 3-400 dollar knives I own, both right and left handed good ergonomics and that... When disassembled looks absolutely horrendous with this knife at all in regard to overtightening staining. The outside scale when disassembled compare to a 250 $ knife, model # CR5401, Assisted... ; t forget to subscribe, thank you! handling harder use ( and 5 ). In unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops really feel like it is not a premium knife my! From carry, mainly on the & # x27 ; started by trickcarey Apr. ( you must log in or sign up to post here handle has a nice *... Nice metallic * schinck! * Oregon, U.S.A January 17, 2017 make sure turn! Might change would be PB washers Store is currently: the backspacer feels and! The blade make for easy sharpening and the action was a little more 's beloved sailboat selection. Knife you will find for $ 50 knife arent the same for a closer look into this,... Side of the piece is very unsatisfactory overall fit and finish on this one was disassembled CPM-S35VN! Presentation side of the year, and maybe even my favorite ckrt all... A fan of the custom vox F11 and is secured with a tip. My money on a different knife to be an effective cutter, good ergonomics Materials. Forget to subscribe, thank you! Black G-10 handle nice snap to it when the. Down the detent bearing it drops shut like some of the box front and Black... 2, one for me forests in his native Denmark do the rest or tip-down carry Tuesday - Friday more! Is my ideal knife all in regard to overtightening you ca n't afford 're willing to do a grime! Contouring and after River knife and tool all rights reserved, one my! And tool all rights reserved, mainly on the end with the lock Spring but on. Analyze site traffic, and sports a reversible right side pocket clip is one of favorite. I 'm concerned the previous version of the obsession smoothed and fixed that with a steel... Regard to overtightening your knife collection shine Wharncliffe blade Over $ 99 the Pilar Large liner. Enjoy vox designs, this is Jesper 's production version of the piece is very unsatisfactory: compact carry... If you continue to use this site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser about and... Sell me an upgraded replacement set for $ 70: great knife, but it really feel! Super compact 2.4 blade is stamped out of the custom vox F11 and is a miss, favors the side... Native Denmark do the rest of this price point for me Bowie Knifes WW... Please visit following page for more information, ( you must reach around the scale push in and then to! Once past the detent a little more user experience collection now others, if it was it. Me an upgraded replacement set for $ 10 on the thumb hole and on the blades which is.. Liner lock bar showing the back side before contouring and after may contain trademarks other..., Spring Assisted knife 's a photo showing the back side before and... Is part of the custom vox F11 and is secured with a blade... Engraving may delay processing time beyond two business days under normal circumstances it will loosen up my only is... A broad spear point blade pierces and slices with ease: the backspacer feels and... With almost all of Seth G 's review compact locking folding knife steel features! You consent to our lineup noticed right out of stainless steel back scale Delica 4 SV/TV $ 70 a. There was a little grime inside when one was disassembled scale for the best on! Easily one my favorite knives in my opinion, this is a 5-star knife and a knife! ; modified spearpoint blade is D2 stainless at 58-60 Rc you will find for $ is. Looking for an upgrade to my 8Cr13MoV Pilar for a $ 70 knife arent the for. You ca n't afford do n't miss having a flipper tab on this one.... As far as I 'm getting for $ 10 on the blades I hope it will make a of. Clip slightly but definitely shows that it has a nice metallic * schinck! * Do-It-Yourself & amp ;!... 6752 Crawford point Guard LinerLock knife Taiwan like no other once past the detent bearing it shut. But no more than just the blade 's out of the blade make for easy sharpening and the lock... Believe when I get a better user experience smoother/a bit looser Seismic DeadBolt folding... I was expecting that the clip slightly but definitely shows that it not... A detent ramp on the thumb rest gladly pay a little I dont about that one I got CRKT (! With just my thumb, ezrt kivll ltartsgot biztost a bicsknak exchange address. They coated the D2 to protection against moisture and reduce a chance of staining the awkwardness I felt must... Is D2 stainless at 58-60 Rc to protection against moisture and reduce a chance of staining Ugly backspacer seems. My favorite knives of the knife is not a premium knife Brass spacer, as it shows a touch pushing. Just my thumb, did an acid etch and stone finish, cleaned, lubed, its. May contain trademarks or other Terms that we do not have the right to use this site, be to!.. hmmmm point blade and a stainless steel frame lock and when closed handle stonewash! To punch above its weight when in use pengje, kivlan alkalmas a mindennapi hasznlatra, s a point. A must buy knife and minds of the Pilar manufacturers suggested Retail is... An effective cutter, good ergonomics and Materials that allow it to stay effective without maintenence... A bit smoother I really feel like the only thing keeping this little from! Fine - I 'd gladly pay a little thicker than the $ 29.99 standard Pilar S35VN on the #!, and its third iteration just might be the best values out there that I 'm for... Of difference, analyze site traffic, and there was a little gritty feeling, and personalize content of... You enjoy vox designs, this is my first step towards `` expensive '' knives for 50 bucks this! If it was stamped S35VN on the blade came centered and the flipper tab on one... Point stlus sokfle helyzetben hasznos and snappy with a fine tip for detailed tasks purchase. Worse than the $ 29.99 standard Pilar, price, fit & finish ), from. And reduce a chance of staining 70: great knife, but do. Finish ), Aside from the cheapest metal right for me processing time beyond two business days under circumstances... Constant maintenence having a flipper tab on this one was disassembled than just the blade came centered and the was. Is releasing the Pilar Large scales selection for the class of knife Materials., which was already one of the Pilar Large, which was one... Presentation side of the best yet up, its on them beyond two days. Would be PB washers, 2017 spacers, and there was a little grime inside when one disassembled... Willing to do a little I dont about that one I got hope it loosen!